Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This past week

Sorry everyone for not blogging this past week....I finally have things to do in my evenings now :) But this past week has been good. Last Thursday, the day I flew out, I took an exam that morning in the testing center (my last one! yay!) and got the grade I needed which was good. I then ran home, cleaned the house, finished packing, pawned all my food on others and got ready for flight. Blaine, Dustin's good friend, was kind enough to take me to the airport that day. Luckily I had prepared for the worst, because it all happened. I made sure to leave early in case of bad weather and traffic, and just my luck, both were present. Another reason I wanted to get to the airport early was because for the first time in my life I was not checking a bag and everything had to go though TSA. so I gave myself time for things to go wrong.

So I get my stuff in order, get to the cranky TSA people and they wanted to throw a bunch of my stuff away and I thought, "no thank you" so I ended up having to check my one and only bag. If I knew I was going to be checking bags then I would not of worked so dang hard to fill my life into that one carry-on. So by the time I checked my bag and got back to the TSA people I was not a happy camper. But I got on my flight and all was well. The second half of my flight went by alot quicker because the pregnant lady next to me chatted it up for the entire flight. It was nice.

Luckily, I was on the second row of the plane which meant that I got off the plane alot quicker. I got into Kansas City on time but had to wait forever to get my stupid checked bag. Seeing Dustin was very normal. He is alot skinner though. He has lost what seems like alot of weight. It took us a good 2 hours to get back into our normal groove again. So by the time we went to bed on Thursday it was 2 a.m. We were exhausted.

The week since then has been pretty uneventful. We both took the weekend off and played. We didn't go and do anything but it was just nice to spend time together. Then on Monday I started my Independent Study course which has gone by alot faster then I thought it would I am already half way done with 1 course and that only took me 2 full work days. Dustin is also enjoying his job. Dustin likes our financial situation more and more everyday after dealing with Bankruptcy all day every day.

I also actually am enjoying being in someone else's home. It is actually nice to know you are not responsible for your surroundings. I mean, there are some adjustments that I have needed to learn, but all in all it has been a pretty smooth transition. Plus, Dustin has build a temporary wall in the living room so now we have more of a private space. I will have to post pictures when I get my camera this weekend. This Thursday I fly back to Utah, Dustin comes back on Friday, I take 2 Independent Study midterms, Dustin goes to our local doctor, and then we drive out the next day with our car so that we both have a car here. It will be quite a nice convenience. Also, I can bring more things! I can bring my camera, temple clothes, pillows, etc. I am really excited to see the inside of the Nauvoo and Winter Quarters temples while we are here, especially since I just took church history this spring term.

But we are doing well. We are busy busy bee's. More so Dustin than me. I dont know how he made time to talk to me on webcam when I was in Utah. He always has something to do: work during the day, work for law school at night, apply for jobs, etc. I will try and blog more often since I know everyone has been dying to know about what the Kelley's are up to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment