Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One week from today!!


Almost exactly one week from this moment I will be arriving in Kansas and Dustin will be picking me up at the airport!! Yay! It absolutely has not hit me yet that I am going. This is not an easy transition for me. I like sleeping in my own bed (I think people underestimate how much I love it), I have never lived with in-laws, I have never done online courses, and a bunch of other things. So this is a very nerve racking, but knowing that Dustin will be there with me makes it all worth it. I have even bought my Independent Study Courses and I have the text books for them so I am all ready to go.

First off, it is so gross outside and has been for sometime now. This is why I do not live in Seattle. I hate it when it is overcast all the time because I feel like being lazy and I feel it is a good day wasted. But I eventually crawled out of bed this morning to go to work with the thought in my head that I am so close to being done. But work was sooooo boring. I wanted to just go home. I am a little sad because I really like consistency in my life and I wish I knew where I was going to be in a couple months, job wise. Oh well. Nature of the beast. Also, it is so weird to be able to count on one hand all the things you have left to do in school. I have a paper in clinical, a paper for childhood, a final in childhood, a religion paper, and a religion final. Ohhh please have this week go by fast.

One little pleasure I am doing this weekend is having the old Relief Society Presidency, that I was in, come over to my house on Friday for a girls night. I am so excited to just spend time with some of my favorite people before I leave. Okay....maybe I did not make it clear in my blog yesterday how sad I am that I am missing Wipeout tonight. Sad sad day. But I do have good news.....I found out that Johnny Depp is going to be the Riddler in the next Batman movie, and I am a fan of his so I am excited. Also Seymour Hoffman is suppose to be the Penguin which I think fits him really well.

Anyways....so back to my day....after work I went to class which was great because we got out way early which means I could get to my Uncle's house earlier. My Uncle Jay invited me over to his house because he just discovered Skype and he needed some computer help, and since I know a thing or two I was able to help them out. I love being over at people's homes and they were sweet enough to give me some dinner, so I had a nice time. I then hurried over to Walmart because I needed milk. Of course. The sad news is that I had to get new milk because I let the other one spoil. I never knew I would experience spoiled milk. In my defense it is not really spoiled, its just that the expiration date has appeared and I have a really sensitive stomach so I dont want to risk anything. 

Then once I got home I did my last religion paper! Hallelujah!! This class has been nice but I think it has been a little too much work for just 2 credits. Just a random side note, I realize I am tired starting at about 6 p.m. I feel like an old person. I realized this because Dustin is not here to keep me preoccupied and awake. So I am going to bed. Goodnight. 

P.S. The image at the top was from my trip to Idaho. Those 3 girls were some fabulous old roomies. 

1 comment:

  1. So you decided to stay in Kansas?! That's great news that you don't have to be away from Dustin that long. Also, that you are able to finish your classes online! Have a great time with the in-laws :) It was so great seeing you the other day. Thank you SO much for calling and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete