Thursday, September 10, 2009

September thus far

Okay, so I am going to try and be better at blogging since I now have no homework to preoccupy my nights. So since September has begun, I have received my first paycheck from work and that was soooo nice. I love knowing that I am earning money and contributing to my little family. We also are sad to announce that there is only 1 more episode of Wipeout left.....sad day. But for all of you who dont know, Dustin signed up to be a contestant on the show for their third season next summer. When he filled out the application he was being completely sarcastic and funny. We are hoping his quick wit will get him on the show. We will let you all know if we hear anything.

Also, we have been in Provo for 2 years and have never 1) eaten at Brick Oven and 2) hiked the Y. Let me rephrase.....I have never done these things. Dustin gets Brick Oven delivered to t
he law school and he has hiked the Y twice before he met me. So basically, since I am a BYU grad, I figured I should do these things. So we went to Brick Oven, thanks to a wonderful gift certificate, and got their famous pizza. Dustin loved it but I am not a pizza connoisseur so it just tasted like any other pizza. But I am glad I had the experience.

Then we decided to hike the Y which was a BIG mistake. I am the most out of shape person EVER!! I should be on the show "The Biggest Loser" simply because my insides are about as unhealthy as the contestants on the show....I swear I am so out of shape. I eat fairly normal but I never exercise and that was brought to my attention once again when I attempted to hike the Y. I know alot of you are probably laughing right now because some of you run this small, less then 3 mile hike often, and think my little story is pathetic but I know how pathetic it is.....I had 2 year old toddlers and 9 months along pregnant women pass me on the trail. It probably did
not help that about half way up the trail, paramedics were helping a hiker and were pumping them with liquids and I knew I would be next! I felt like I was going to pass out
but in my defense it was the hottest part of the day. Oh well....I made it to the top and here are some of the photos:



















I am trying to make it a family tradition that we get photos taken every year for our anniversary. Last year we had a friend take some urban shots and we loved them. This year, we had a professional photographer in our ward take them for us and we decided that we would take the nature avenue. I dont have the photos yet but she put a sneek preview up if you would like to take a gander: http://www.victoriabainesharris.com/

Also, my dad sent my pictures from his trip to Utah from Dallas and I though I would share them but I dont have them uploaded yet so I will get those up soon! AND MY DIPLOMA CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!! It is official now! Now I can delete all my school work from my computer and clear up some room for home videos. For all who dont know, I am putting my childhood videos from VHS to DVD. I love it....it is such a blast to look at old videos. Oh and might I add, I am so excited that Leno is coming on at 9 o'clock for us! I have been watching him for 10 years and now I dont have to loose sleep to watch him! yay!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful! Congrats on your job! I bet it feels wonderful!
    Miss you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're picture are SO good! You guys look great! In fact, I loved them so much I emailed Victoria and I think she's going to do some for us too:)

    ReplyDelete