Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The month of July

Basically all of July and August was CRAZY for us. But lets go ahead and start at the very beginning, the very best place to start. First off, I was in Utah for part of the summer finishing up my spring term while Dustin started his internship in Kansas. This separation was sucky but we made it through. Back in June I was able to join Dustin in Kansas because he got a one way ticket home so that we could drive the car back to Kansas. We basically stuffed the car full and headed to Kansas. We stayed in a super trendy hotel in Denver so we would not have to drive all the way through....which was nice. So okay....back to July....(thought you might just need some background)

So I said I was going to post 4th of July pics but never got around to it, so here they are. There is some of the food we spent all day cooking and then there is Dustin and I sitting in the car, playing a game on Dustin's phone, while we waited for the fireworks to start. We went to the local mall to watch the show and played my new favorite game brick breaker....dont ask....but might I say I hold the high score.





































The rest of July was spent finishing up loose ends. Dustin was finishing up his internship with the federal government doing bankruptcy law and I finished my last couple independent study courses. Dustin loved his job and I was just so grateful I was able to finish school in time to graduate. But we did make time for relaxing also. One weekend we spent the evening with Damon and his soon to be bride at the Kansas City Plaza. It was so great to just get out and enjoy the city.....to bad I did not wear better shoes and got my first blisters....ever...I was not missing out. So here are a few pictures from our adventure.















































This about wraps up our time in Kansas. We are grateful that Dustin's mom, Julie, for letting us stay in her house for the summer. It was also nice to be there for Damon's first girlfriend and all the adventures that come with it. We are so happy for this and hope that all wedding plans continue to go smoothly. The last few photos I am going to include are from the make shift room that we made for ourselves in Julie's family room. Dustin was able to build a styrofoam wall, and yes, pink was all that was available, and we were able to have our own little room. Here is a preview:

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a productive summer. I'm very proud of you both!

    You guys left too soon...there are tons of cherry tomatoes, green peppers, and raspberries coming out of the garden now.
    Sooo good!

    btw-the family room is REALLY empty now!

    ~jsk

    ReplyDelete