Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August/2 year Anniversary


If Dustin and I thought July was busy, we had no idea what was coming. The first week of August was the most insane. For the first couple of days in August we starting packing up EVERYTHING. Keep in mind that Dustin flew up to Utah so that we could bring the car back to Kansas (packed with all our goodies) back in June, and somehow we now had to fit everything back into the car (and everything else we accumulated in Kansas). It was a chore. We first had to deconstruct the mini room that Dustin built for us which actually only took a day (look to last post for pics). Also, Danielle (my sister-in-law) cleared out most of our furniture in our little room for her new apartment....so now that room is completely empty. Your welcome Julie :)

We then started the two day journey back to Utah. It was really nice to stop in Denver because we had a freaking awesome hotel. They had 30 ft. tall ceilings, large flat screen, massive bed....it was great. We actually had a little bit of anxiety coming home because the last couple of times we have left our home to fend for itself it retaliates. One time our washer leaked into the basement apartment, another time we had potatoes rot through our cabinet....so to say the least....we were worried of what we would find this time. Thankfully, our house was just how we left it! Perfect! We LOVE our home. It was so nice to be back in our own space....drink out of the milk carton again, not have to bring your clothes into the bathroom but be able to get ready for the day outside of a tiny bathroom, and of course walk around in our unmentionables. It was nice to be home.

But we were not going to enjoy peace and relaxation for long. We had to spend the next two days unpacking and moving back in (kinda) and getting ready for graduation because my whole family was coming into town. We spent time cleaning the house and doing finishing decorating touches to each room. We bought curtains for each room in the entire house and a cool mirror for our front room. Now....2 years later....our house is completely decorated. And to top it off, our Anniversary was during the madness of getting everything together in time. So we spent our anniversary cleaning and I had a job interview that day. FYI: I spent the last 2 weeks in Kansas searching for a job with no real leads except this one so I had to do the interview on my anniversary.....no if ands or buts. So to say the least, we got home and got to work.

Soon after my entire family arrived. My sister flew into Colorado with my neph
ew Hayden and drove with my dad and stepmom to Utah and then my mom, stepfather and brother flew directly into SLC.
It was so nice to have my entire family be here for the big day. It took a long time for
me to realize the impact of a graduation. The day for me was exciting more so because my family was there supporting me instead of excitement from what I have accomplished. But here are some photos from that day. P.S. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR TAKING THE TIME AND MONEY TO COME! I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!



















So while all this was going on, I got a call from that interview and got the job!! There was a little bit of miscommunication for a couple days of whether I had the job or not, but it all worked out in the end. So I have been working there ever since. I graduated on Friday and started work on Monday. It is so bizarre to come home and have no homework. Though I have nothing pressing to do, I always feel like I do so it is still not complete relaxation yet for me. But my job is good....I work in a really laid back environment....and I am able to play mario kart whenever I want. Its not the best job in the world but it will definitely be fine for the next 8 months until Dustin finish's school.

Now as for Dustin, he started school on August 24th and its going pretty well thus far. He is only taking 12 credits which is a very light load for him but his time is then consumed by his TA job for a class called Legal Interviewing and Counseling. He also spends a ton of time job searching so to say the least, I have not noticed a change in his free time. It is like he is taking 18 credits. Poor guy. He works so hard.

I think that is about it for August. And just so you know, Dustin and I did celebrate our two year anniversary later on by going out to dinner at Macaroni Grill because it is tradition. So yeah, that is it in a nutshell. Now I have to just get going on September.....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go, Meredith!!!!

    ~jsk

    ReplyDelete