Friday, February 6, 2009

Cardboard Spice Rack


For the last year and a half of our marriage, Dustin and I are always frustrated when we go to find a certain spice for cooking. They are always hard to reach, for me, and usually in a jumbled mess. So we decided a week ago that we would go on a search for a spice rack. One that would keep us organized. So we started our research online and found them to be expensive and not exactly what we needed. We needed one that had cubbies and would fit in our tiny cabinet. So then one night, while I am talking to my family online, I see Dustin pull out cardboard, duct tape and a swiss army knife. 30 minutes later he has constructed an entire tier of cardboard cubbies. I was so interested in where this was going that I signed off with my family and decided I would help. So 2 hours later, we had 3 different sections of 4 tiered cubbies for our spices. We are so proud of our custom designed spice rack. Though it is a little wobble and simply held together by duct tape, we now have an organized (and reachable might I add) way to store our spices.

3 comments:

  1. Go for it Red Green! LOL
    ~jsk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love this! How awesome! Isn't it amazing what you can do when you are poor and creative! Life is way more adventurous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete