Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Titillating Technological Tidbits

I doesn't take me a long time to figure out electronic gadgets; however, understanding every little in and out of my blackberry has been quite the adventure for the past year or so. As some of our stalkers know, I wrote music and lyrics in a former life. Occasionally an idea or impulse arises and I have to record it somehow so that I won't forget. Yesterday morning I woke with a song in my head (a little Sherwood reference there). I sung it to myself in the shower and while getting ready for work. After I got into the car, I took out my blackberry and sung the idea and spoke some notes into my Voicenotes program. After I was finished, I backed out of the program and drove to work. My blackberry is in my jacket pocket of my suit all day long and, as I found out later, Voicenotes is a program which you must QUIT, not simply back out of. Because I did not properly exit the program it stayed active all day and made a recording any time that the talking around me was loud enough. As a result I have about three hours of recorded conversations involving investigations and courtroom chat. Additionally, I only noticed this after my battery was almost dead for the second time in two days (it usually only needs to be charged two times a week). I guess the point of this story is to warn all of you that the FBI may haul me off for investigation at any time. Luckily, I have already deleted the recordings without disseminating them to anyone else.

Still, I love technology...

No comments:

Post a Comment