Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Weekend

Well, let me back up a little bit. So earlier this month Dustin bought a plane ticket to go to Kansas so that he could work on some job prospects and see his family during placement break at the law school. Hence why I have time to write this post. First off, I am excited that Dustin has the opportunity to go to Kansas and that it seems to have been a successful trip thus far.

Luckily placement break was after the Valentines holiday so I was able to have him for that weekend. So this year, Valentines fell on Sunday which makes celebrating kinda hard but lucky for us we decided we were not going to celebrate this year. We are not "gifts people" and Valentines day has never been a big deal for either of us. So Friday night after work I start on the topic of puppies (and anyone who reads my blog knows I have wanted a puppy for a long time) because I probably found a random YouTube video of a puppy and of course wanted to talk about it. Well long story short, by the end of the night Dustin and I have gone to every dog website that matches breeds to owners. We kept filling out these survey's and answering questions to see what would be the best dog for us. After many hours of drooling (no pun intended) over cute puppy picture and reading up on breeds, we decided that a beagle would be our best bet for our current situation. And then it happened.....Dustin said to me what I have been waiting to hear for so long: "Hey Meredith, you know what? I am okay with us getting a puppy this summer once we move into a dog friendly apartment." I nearly died....I am so excited!!!! So it kinda turned out to be an accidental Valentines present....I am getting a puppy!

So then on Saturday, Dustin woke me up and asked me if I wanted to go look at puppies. Of course I said yes and joked about buying one that day. Dustin stated that if I get a puppy that day then he gets a new flat screen TV (something he has been wanting for over
a year now). Well, we knew neither was going to happen so we just joked about it. After spending the day out and about and looking at puppies, Dustin asked if we can just drop by Best Buy so he can look at TV's. I said sure, we do it all the time.....whenever we go to Target, Walmart, Best buy, or any
store that has electronics, we always have to stop by the T.V.'s. So long story short, by the end of the day we
had bought a top of the line massive, beautiful TV for an amazing price. It was nice that there was a President's Day sale and we had just gotten a huge tax return. We have been pinching our
selves since Saturday night. We cant believe after a year of really really wanting one that we finally bought a T.V. and a super nice one AND we could use our tax return. We have now upgraded from a 1990's 27" huge box TV to a new large flat screen. Dustin was giddy for a loooong time. Boys and their toys.

The only thing that I had planned for Valentines day was to make Dustin breakfast in the morning before church so on Saturday night we went to the grocery store to get food. While we were there I saw some gorgeous tulips and of course my sweet husband bought them for me and I love them. So Sunday morning came around I made his breakfast but to be honest the days before Sunday felt more like Valentines Day. So anyways, after purposely not planning anything for this holiday it actually turned out to be one of our best! I love feeling like a newlywed even though we have almost been married for over 2.5 years. Thanks Dustin for a great holiday!!! He is the best!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, how exciting!! Your TV looks awesome! We will have to come see it! I totally love Beagles!!! They are soo dang cute. I feel bad that you have been alone this week, I had no idea. I have been sick though so hanging out probably wouldn't have worked but we all need to do something SOON! Our time together won't last much longer. :(

    ReplyDelete