Sunday, December 20, 2009

My personal "Dan in Real Life"

I had a wonderful night tonight. I was not able to go home to visit my family this Christmas and it has been eating at me as time goes on but tonight helped my pain. My extended family invited me over to their house for their Christmas party and it was wonderful. It was just like the movie, Dan in Real Life. If you have not seen it, I strongly recommend it! In the movie, they are this family that is so cute, everyone loves each other, they are a tad dysfunctional, and of course involved in everyones lives. There is also a scene in the movie were everyone is being goofy and they are putting on a talent show. Tonight, I had my own little version of the movie.

Tonight, the kids of my adult cousins put on a talent show that was pretty funny. I love being surrounded by kids because I never really had that growing up and I don't have that in my immediate family. I love the loud house and the millions of foot steps on the floor above us. Then we have an "ugliest christmas sweater contest" that was great. We first voted, then there was a dance off, and then a re-vote. I love that they have this tradition. It was so funny!!! They have another tradition where they do a roast, via a poem, to a family member. This was so funny and heartwarming. I really felt like I was in a movie tonight with all the appropriate goofiness and loving the family even more after I left.

The food was great, the company was refreshing and I just might stay home next Christmas as well to do this all over again. Just next time, I need to bring a camera.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was fun! We love that movie. We're excited to hang out with you guys tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so fun! Glad you're doing well. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and I were just talking about how much I LOVE this movie. Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete